Scroll to content
Portway Infant School

Portway Infant School

Interactive Bar


Support Services for Adults

1 in 4 people experience a mental health problem of some kind each year. If this happens to you, remember you are not alone and there are people and organisations that can help. As well as speaking to your GP, you could look at national organisations such as the Mental Health Foundation, HeadsTogether and the NHS for advice or support. Locally we have a number of services available to adults who may also be able to help you such as:


Andover Mind offer information and advice through their website, as well as delivering wellbeing groups and offering counselling.  Click here to go to their website: Andover mind


iTalk is a free psychological therapy service open to anyone aged 16+years who is registered with a GP in Andover and experiencing common mental health problems. You can self-refer by calling 02380 383920 and, following a telephone assessment, they will discuss the best way they can support you. For more information, their website is:


Andover Crisis and Support Centre provides help and support for women, men and children who have been affected by domestic violence and abuse. They operate a helpline Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm via 01264 366122 and deliver therapeutic groups and the Freedom Programme.

In addition, they have a counselling service and helpline for anyone experiencing an emotional or situational crisis not related to domestic abuse.