Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
We are a large friendly infant school looking for someone to supervise the children at lunchtime in the dining hall and lead a range of playground games. We know that after a happy and active lunchtime, children are far more ready to settle into afternoon school.
We are looking to recruit a friendly, caring person who enjoys working with children to join our committed and supportive team of Lunchtime Supervisory Assistants. You will need to be confident when dealing with children, a good communicator, calm and willing to undertake first aid training.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality
- Supervising children whilst they eat school meals and packed lunches
- Undertaking duties including playground supervision, dining hall duties and wet break supervision in class
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils
- Helping children to enjoy their lunch breaks by supporting and encouraging positive play
- Engaging with the children and enhancing their play
- Ensuring all children have a safe and happy lunchtime period
- Carrying out minor First Aid
- Attend training where applicable, including that for First Aid
- Assist with ancillary duties e.g. cleaning up spillages, wiping tables.
- Patience, flexibility and the ability to use initiative along with a sense of humour and the ability to persevere.
Hours of work are 12.00 till 13.00 Monday and Friday. Rate of pay is Grade A.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 9th April at 12 noon.
To download an application pack please click on the documents below or contact the school office.