In year one this week we have been learning about keeping ourselves safe when crossing a road. We went outside and acted out different scenarios showing how to cross a road safely. We have learnt:
1. To find a safe place to cross away from parked cars.
2. To stand back from the edge of the road.
3. To stop and look left/right for traffic.
4. To listen carefully for vehicles.
5. To walk straight across the road.
We are going to be applying all this important learning into our writing and will be writing sets of instructions for safely crossing the road. You will be able to read these instructions at our next ‘Show and Share’.